It's certainly been quite a week for cricket film premieres. Following swiftly on the heels of 'Fire in Babylon', the shindig for 'From the Ashes' - a documentary about the infamous 1981 Ashes series - saw the likes of Ian Botham, David Gower and Bob Willis swanning along the red carpet and posing for the cameras.
But in every picture we've seen of the event - such as the one above - Botham is wearing shades despite the premiere being in the evening and sunglasses plainly not being the most suitable attire for a trip to the cinema.
Here are ten possible reasons why Beefy chose to don the shades:
- His old nemesis Ian Chappell caught Botham by surprise in the car park as he was arriving and landed a couple on him
- Beefy's just a shy retiring sort of chap, who doesn't like the limelight. No really!
- Shh! He's on an undercover mission from MI5 to assassinate Charles Colville. Don't blow his cover!
- Botham's eyes still haven't been put back in place after popping out of their sockets on seeing Pippa Middleton at the recent Royal Wedding
- He's doubling up as Bob Willis's bodyguard after unsubstantiated rumours that the merciless Jonathan Trott was going to take his revenge for the verbal attacks Willis made during the World Cup
- They're his special Knight of the Realm shades given to Botham personally by the Queen
- The real Botham wasn't available, so his Madame Tussauds waxwork was used as a last minute replacement
- He'd been out on the tiles with Gower and a couple of quiet ones turned into a marathon binge session
- He's auditioning for the title role in the next Terminator film, or and perhaps most plausibly;
- Despite having been a magnificent cricketer, at the end of day he's a bit of a nob
Follow us on Twitter @thereversesweep